Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

I have a couple things to say on the subject of fathers, what with it being their day and all. First, I have a wonderful one. I'm pretty sure he's one of the best. His life is an amazing example of following God, working hard, and always figuring out new things. By his side, I learned everything from how to pick the fuzzies from in between my toes as a toddler, to how to ride a bike, use a saw or drill, steer a canoe, design a living space or piece of furniture, print a t-shirt, efficiently organize a task, split and stack a cord of firewood, wire a house, drive a manual, read the Bible, plumb with PVC, chase dreams, mow a lawn, stand up for what you believe in, work diligently, and enjoy nature, to name a few. He took me out on special 'Daddy and Erin Day's and spent time with just me. Dad, you're the greatest, I love you, and thank you for always being there and letting me tag along, even when my 'helping' made the project take longer.




Then there is the father that I am married to. He's a bit newer at the whole thing, but I have to say, I think he's doing a smashing job. I adore watching Robert play with Tiernan--the smiles that brighten up on both of their faces as they interact. He is loving, protective, adventurous, gentle, and intentional. Hubbynunches, you're doing a fantastic job. I love you and look forward to getting old together.

Happy Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment