Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Painting and Priorities

The house painting has officially begun...and already ground to a halt due to the weather. I did get a couple hours of painting in yesterday while Kristen watched the Little Man. Thanks, Kristen! I am regretting that we did not start the process earlier in the year so the heat wouldn't have been quite so bad, but you live and learn.

I've been thinking a lot about Camp David what with this being their first week of camp and knowing my family is heavily involved. I spent several years working there, though I do question their sanity for letting me be their Support Staff Leader at age 18. It was very challenging--probably one of the hardest summers of my life--but I loved my staff dearly and still think of them often. In retrospect, I think it was too much responsibility for my maturity, although it was a very valuable experience.

I feel like I'm stretched a little thin, and need to spend some time prioritizing and working on making better use of my time. Although we're significantly less busy than most people, we cherish our low-stress life and guard it diligently. Things are a little out of hand, so it's time to bring them back down. Adding the painting on top of everything else will definitely make it more difficult, but we can make it work, I think. Also, being more focused in my time during the day would help, although I find it difficult to stay on task with the many interruptions intrinsic to having a little person around. But I could definitely do better. Maybe finish that tunic, those book shelves, make that wrap, build a crib...oh, and do the laundry. That'd be handy.

1 comment: